25. All Slaves belonging to the Owner of the Place, if required, shall aid the Constable, on Penalty of each receiving Thirty-nine Stripes on the bare Back. Ibid.
26. Every Constable, so appointed, shall be allowed 500 lb Tobacco in the County levy. Ibid. §. 4.
27. Any Negro, or other Slave, convicted before a single Magistrate of striking any White Person, such Magistrate may cause one of the offending Slave's Ears to be Cropt. Ibid.
28. The Owner of any Plantation may warn any strange Negro, or other Slaves, (not sent by their Owners on lawful Occasions) to be gone to their Owners; and, on Refusal or Delay so to do, may correct
such Slave by Whipping, not exceeding Thirty-nine Lashes. Ibid. §. 5.
29. Any Persons encouraging Negroes to meet in Companies on their Plantations, (unless on lawful Occasion) shall forfeit 1000 lb Tobacco to the Use aforesaid. Ibid.
Bacon's Laws of Maryland . Vol 75 page 690. Maryland Archiveshttp://aomol.net/megafile/msa/speccol/sc2900/sc2908/000001/000075/pdf/am75--690.pdf